- About us
- Get involved
- Support us
- News & patients
- Contact us & careers
• HAVE FUN!
• Increases your status and value within your community
• Builds confidence and a sense of achievement
• Offers a sense of ‘belonging’ i.e. part of a team
• Gives enjoyment and develops enthusiasm
• Offers new experiences and new contacts
• Opportunity to make new friends
• Develops various personal skills
• Helps a fantastic cause and you will be helping SAVE LIVES
I have been a volunteer for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance for just over three years. I had fundraised for them previously and been to events, so I decided to get involved.
My favourite thing about being a volunteer for the YAA is going to so many interesting places and speaking to so many people, and you get a good feeling at the end of the day when you have raised a lot of money for such an important cause.
The experience looks fantastic on your CV and the knowledge I have gained helped me to be where I am now, training to be a paramedic.
We have been volunteering for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance for over six years! Our YAA journey started with a sponsored beard shave nearly 16 years ago. Elaine hasn’t let me grow it back since!
Volunteering for the YAA is really flexible and fun, we always feel wanted and needed and it’s great to ne part of a team. The YAA has become a part of our life, we love it!
I joined the YAA over a year ago as I wanted to do something worthwhile with my free time.
I mainly help out at public events such as manning the stalls and marshalling. I enjoy volunteering with YAA, there’s no pressure and everyone is really friendly.
We always have a good laugh at events and it’s amazing to see the generosity and kindness of the public.